Creative Burrow

Creative Burrow => Feedback => Topic started by: Bunny on 06:26am Wed, Dec 19, 2012

Title: How Do You Self Publish? (Get free stuff!)
Post by: Bunny on 06:26am Wed, Dec 19, 2012
We're asking how you self publish to help us figure out how we can best help you!

Therefore we would love it if you could take our short survey on how you self publish and how it's working out for you. It will help us grow and you will get free stuff! (see survey for details)

Also, arent colours and funky typefaces so much FUN?! =D

Click me to participate!!
Post by: Kimberley on 07:05am Wed, Dec 19, 2012
What funky typefaces? Where? :O
Post by: Bunny on 07:22am Wed, Dec 19, 2012
Can't you see them? :(
Post by: Kimberley on 07:28am Wed, Dec 19, 2012
I can see words with pretty colours? :|
Post by: Bunny on 08:01am Wed, Dec 19, 2012
Should work now! My bad, thanks for reporting!! :D
Post by: QuirkyJessi on 08:44am Wed, Dec 19, 2012
I took the survey!

And I like the funky colors/fonts!
Post by: Victor Leigh on 10:18am Wed, Dec 19, 2012
Took the survey. Probably skewed the results with my choices. Now about those funky colors and typefaces, I wonder how a 500-word blog post would look like if formatted that way.
Post by: Bunny on 09:14pm Wed, Dec 19, 2012
Playful and epic!

Thanks guys! We should figure out where people are at.
Post by: Victor Leigh on 09:55pm Wed, Dec 19, 2012
Why not offer a free trial limit-time run to see what the response is like?

I mean if getting it free doesn't even get any response, a re-think is in order. On the other hand, if a free trial gets overwhelming response, then that would be a good time to see about converting the response into something that puts money in the bank.
Post by: Bunny on 10:26pm Wed, Dec 19, 2012
We havent got the software yet, we need more donations to our site before it will happen. We just wanted to see if it was worth spending money on first ha ha :).

Also if it would help people!
Post by: Kimberley on 11:22pm Tue, Jan 15, 2013
I see them now! :D
Post by: SifuPhil on 01:18am Wed, Jan 16, 2013
Done. Good idea, but as I mentioned in the comment section the first thing a prospective lister would ask would be "What are your traffic numbers like?"

Granted, a measly buck isn't going to break most of us, and in fact if your numbers support it you should probably charge more. $1 is just about the same as free but it won't let you expand as much as $10 or $20, yet those are still fair charges for a year's listing.
Post by: Bunny on 06:28pm Mon, Feb 11, 2013
I wanted to encourage people to jump on and be affordable...our primary goal is to help writers, as opposed to making money.

We're hoping to have the whole directory display on another site as well, which will have a different url but access the same information :).